Benalmadena, Costa del Sol
Benalmadena is located next to the famous beach town of Torremolinos, in the province of Malaga on the Costa del Sol, at only 20 minutes' taxi ride from Malaga Airport.
The municipality of Benalmadena consists of three districts: Benalmadena Pueblo, Benalmadena Costa and Arroyo de la Miel.
Benalmadena Pueblo (village) is located 4 km inland at a height of 300m above sea level. The foundation of the town itself dates from the 15th century, is the oldest part of Benalmadena and still retains its old structure of white houses and narrow streets.
Benalmadena Costa and Arroyo de la Miel are located next to the sea with beaches and a boulevard. There are various attractions in Benalmadena:
- Tivoli World: a fantastic amusement park.
- Cable car: which whisks passengers up to the Sierra from where you can enjoy stunning views over the coast and the Mediterranean beyond.
- Selwo Marina: dolphin shows.
- Sea Life: discover fascinating creatures of the deep, such as sea horses, reef sharks, rays and many more
- Ice skating: Benalmadena has its own ice rink.
- And of course the town's spacious and clean beaches.
Other Things to Do in Benalmadena
- Puerto Marina: a luxury port with shops, restaurants, bars and nightlife.
- Torrequebrada Watch Tower: the so-called 'Broken Tower' dates back to the 15th century.
- Bil-bil Castle: a dramatically situated faux Moorish structure that's now a cultural centre.
- Colomares Castle: a monument dedicated to Christoper Columbus that was built in the years 1987-1994
- Buddhist Enlightenment Stupa: the largest in the western world
- Flea Market: every Wednesday in the fairground.
- Parque la Paloma: perfect for peaceful evening strolls.
Transfers from Malaga Airport to Benalmadena
Like the sound of Benalmadena and planning a visit? Find out more about the cheap airport transfers to Benalmadena we offer here. It’s simply the most convenient way to start your holiday off.
Benalmadena Costa Photo gallery
|Image of Colomares Castle||Photo of Tivoli||Picture of the Cable Car|
|The beautiful Bil-bil Castle||Dolphins in Selwo Marina||Yachts of Puerto Marina|
Map from Malaga Airport to Benalmadena Costa
Distance: 10 kilometres | Time to get there: 20 minutes
Other nearby options:
Benalmadena is near various other places that are worth a visit, such as: Marbella, Mijas, Fuengirola, Torremolinos, etc.