Benalmadena is located next to the famous beach town of Torremolinos, in the province of Malaga, Costa del Sol, at only 20 minutes from Malaga airport.
The municipality of Benalmadena consists of three districts: Benalmadena Pueblo, Benalmadena Costa and Arroyo de la Miel.
Benalmadena Pueblo (village) is located 4 km inland at a height of 300 m above sea level. This little village still retains its old structure of white houses and narrow streets. The foundation of the town itself dates from the fifteenth century, and is the oldest part of Benalmadena.
Benalmadena Costa and Arroyo de la Miel are located next to the sea with beaches and a boulevard. There are various tourist attractions to find in Benalmadena:
- Tivoli World, funny attraction park.
- Cable car which brings you up to the Sierra where you can enjoy stunning views over the coast and sea.
- Selwo Marina (dolphin shows)
- Sea life, discover fascinating creatures of the deep, such as Sea Horses, Reef Sharks, Rays, and many more
- Ice skating rink, Benalmadena
- and of course their spacious and clean beaches
- Up to the mountain (impressive views) with the cable car service of Benalmadena.
- Puerto Marina, luxury port with shops, restaurants, bars and nightlife
- Torrequebrada watch tower
- Bil-bil castle, cultural centre
- Colomares castle, monument dedicated to Cristobal Colon, and was built in the years 1987-1994
- Buddhist Enlightenment Stupa, the largest in the western world
- Flea Market every Wednesday in the fairground.
- Peaceful walks around the Parque la Paloma.
Transfers from Malaga airport to Benalmadena
When our customers do not need an excursion, however they want to travel to the destination of Benalmadena, we advise to take note of services that we provide with luxury transfers from Malaga airport to Benalmadena, the best way of transport, without a doubt.
Benalmadena Costa Photo gallery
|Image of Colomares Castle||Photo of Tivoli||Picture of the Cable Car|
|The beautiful Bil Bil Castle||Dolphins in Selwo Marina||Yachts of Puerto Marina|
Map from Malaga airport to Benalmadena
Distance: 10 kilometers | Time to reach: 20 minutes
Other nearby options:
Benalmadena is situated near other municipalities that are very interesting to visit, such as: Marbella, Mijas, Fuengirola, Torremolinos, etc. A lot of travellers take advantage of this fact and book a transfer in Malaga to these fantastic municipalities.