Excursions to Cadiz
Cadiz is the capital of the province of Cadiz, probably the oldest continuously-inhabited city in the Iberian Peninsula (Spain).
Cadiz is located on a narrow spit of land surrounded by sea, with a wealth of well-preserved historical landmarks and nice views.
More information about prices for excursions and day trips to Cadiz for small groups and bigger groups you will find here.
Why should you visit CADIZ?
The historical centre (casco antiguo - old town) is densely populated with narrow streets, although there are numerous plazas, where you will find the main Landmarks and parks where flourish exotic plants, including giant trees, supposedly brought to Spain by Columbus from the New World.
Places of interest for excursions:
- Day trip to "Plaza de Mina" located in the heart of the Old Town, probably the most beautiful plaza of Cadiz, which you will also find the museum of Cadiz and contains many objects from Cadiz's 3000 year history.
- Excursions to "The Plaza de la Cathedral" (Plaza de la Catedral and the Cathedral) where you will find both the Cathedral and the Baroque church of Santiago, built in 1635.
- Tours to Tavira tower, Cadiz had more than 160 towers in the 18th century, from which local merchants could look out to sea for arriving merchant ships. The Torre Tavira, named for its original owner, is the tallest remaining watchtower of Cadiz.
- Excursions to the Roman theatre of Cadiz, constructed during the 1st century BC, is the second largest Roman theatre in the world.
- City Gates, or "las puertas de tierra" originated in the 16th century, once consisting of several layers of walls, only one of these remains today. Two side by side arches cut into the wall to serve as one of the main entrances to the city.
- An excursion in the wonderful Genoves Park, with a theatre, curious trees and a little cascade with a pond and a dinosaur sculpture.
- Moreover, you will find some of the best beaches of Andalucia and Spain, for example: Bolonia Beach (with a surprising Roman ruins), Punta Candor, Fontanilla, La Ballena, Cala Pato, German Beach, Caños de Meca, etc.
- And many, many more places of interest to be found in Cadiz. Don't miss it! You will discover municipalities near Cadiz with great tourist and monumental value; visit the locations, Tarifa and Jerez de la Frontera, which are ideal to complement your holiday in Cadiz for excursions.
Transfers from Malaga airport to Cadiz
When our customers do not need an excursion, however they want to travel to the destination of Cadiz, we advise to take note of services that we provide with airport Malaga transfers to Cadiz, the best way of transport, without a doubt.
Cadiz photo gallery
|The great cathedral of Cadiz||Santa Catalina Castle||Genoves park|
|Cortes de Cadiz monument||Roman Theatre||an image of The Council hall|
Map from Malaga airport to Cadiz
Distance: 245 kilometers | Travel time: 2 hours and 40 minutes