Costa del Sol day trips & Excursions
The Costa del Sol is situated in between the Costa de la Luz and the Costa Tropical, including the city of Malaga and the cities: Marbella, Benalmadena, Torremolinos, Fuengirola, Mijas, San Pedro de Alcantara, Estepona, Manilva, Sotogrande, San Roque, La Linea de la Concepcion, Velez-Malaga, Rincon de la Victoria, Nerja and Torrox.
The Costa del Sol is a very popular holiday destination, with over 300 sunny days every year and mild winters.
With the company Malaga airport transfers you can book a taxi from Malaga Airport to your holiday destination at the Costa del Sol, from small groups to big groups and from small cars to luxury cars and coaches.
Hire a private taxi or request a taxi from Malaga Airport using the "Get at Quote" box on the left side of this page.
Reasons to visit The costa del sol.
The Costa del Sol attracts most people because of its sunny weather and the sheer quantity of the activities available.
- Golf: Along the Costa del Sol, also called by some "Costa del Golf", you will find about 30 Golf courses; due to the fine weather you can practice golf nearly all year round.
- Watersports:the Costa del Sol is a heaven for watersports fanatics, you can practice sports such as sailing, windsurfing, water-skiing, fishing and many more.
- Beaches: With about 160 km of coastline, mostly beach, where you can relax or go for a swim. The beaches of the Costa del Sol are usually carefully maintained, cleaned regularly and have lifeguards.
- Whale and Dolphin watching: The strait of Gibraltar has a large population of whales and dolphins. Dolphin & Whale watching excursions are available at nearly any town at the coast.
- Theme parks: At the Costa del Sol you will find numerous of theme parks such as: Aqua park Torremolinos, another Aqua Park in Mijas Costa, Tivoli (amusement park), Selwo Marina (Benalmadena), Selwo Adventure (Estepona), Crocodile park (Torremolinos) and many more!
- Shopping: You will find thousands of different shops in the coastal towns but also big shopping centres where you can shop and eat or have a drink.
- Nightlife: Bars, discos, usually open till late, in all the major cities on the Costa del Sol.
- Flamenco and horse shows: To get the real Andalusian feeling, visit one of the flamenco or horse shows; brochures about locations and starting times are available at the tourist information offices.
- Markets: Every day of the week there are markets at the Costa del Sol. Weekly flea-markets for example Saturday in Fuengirola and Sunday's in Torremolinos.
- Festivals: we have lost count but about 3000 festivals are being organized during the year, be it religious, or to celebrate the orange crop, or whatever the reason is, the end results are always the same - music, dancing, drinking and eating, and of course loads of fun! The local fairs (Ferias) are celebrated in between April - October with amusement for the children and peñas (bars where you can eat and/or drink and/or listen to live music) for adults and families.
Popular destinations that you have to visit
The following Costa del Sol destinations are famous and visited by many tourists every year, we invite you to learn more about:
- Marbella: Luxury places, shopping and Puerto Banus.
- Nerja: The best beaches and charming town.
- Mijas: Nurro taxis and lovely people.
- Ronda: Culture and great monuments.
- Benalmadena: Leisure and entertainment.
- Fuengirola: Shopping, nice walks along the beach promenade and nightlife.
- Malaga: Art, culture, history, and monuments.