Mijas is famous for its historical centre with white and blue painted houses in narrow streets, its romantic restaurants, its "burro" taxis (donkey taxis) and its numerous souvenir shops.
Located at only 30 kilometres from Malaga Airport, at 450 m2 above sea level the views are also sensational - out over Fuengirola and the rest of the Costa del Sol, to the Mediterranean Sea and on good weather the mountains of Morocco and Gibraltar.
You could visit Mijas by requesting a personalised excursion with a private taxi. Malaga Airport Transfers offers this service in luxury cars at public taxi rates.
Things to Do in Mijas
In Mijas Pueblo you will find:
- Great shopping: from traditional souvenir shops to leather, shoe and clothes shops via traditional bakeries... shops, shops and more shops, in other words!
- Cosy restaurants and bars: restaurants serving traditional dishes of Mijas, tapas bars, pizzerias, lunch bars, English bars, barbecues... you name it, they serve it!
- Great views: from various points of Mijas you have a wide view over nearly the entire Costa del Sol.
- Museums: Mijas has its own Plaza de Toros, a museum dedicated to the preparation of olive oil, the Mijas museum of miniatures, a bull fighting museum, an Enoteca Museo del Vino and the Museo Historico Etnologico de Mijas.
- Many other places of interest: such as the "Virgin de la Peña", also called the Virgin of the Rock, the Church of the Immaculate Conception, San Sebastian Church, the Shrine of our Lady of Los Remedios, the Shrine of Calvario, the Municipal Auditorium, fortress walls, gardens and countless extraordinary viewpoints.
- Burro taxi: the donkey taxis and horse-drawn carriages are a major draw for many visitors.
If you are interested, you can ask us more information about day trips and excursions in Mijas Pueblo here.
Private taxis from Malaga airport to Mijas
Convinced by Mijas and thinking of a holiday here? Use the form in the top left-hand corner of the page to find out our prices on cheap airport transfers to Mijas. Starting your holiday simply couldn’t be easier.
Mijas Photo Gallery
|A street in Mijas Pueblo||Sanctuary Virgen de la Peña||Burro Taxis|
|Miniatures Museum||Oval Bullring||Square in Mijas|
Map from Malaga airport to Mijas Pueblo
Distance: 24 kilometres | Time to get there: 27 minutes
Mijas is very close to other top destination such as Fuengirola, Torremolinos, Marbella and Benalmadena, etc. Many visitors take advantage of its convenient location book a transfer to visit some of the places mentioned.